RES Course is the very first step that everyone MUST take before they can become a Real Estate Salesperson (RES). And chances are if you are reading this article means that some parts of you are curious about joining the Real Estate Business or you are already fixed on embarking on this exciting journey.
In this RES Course Guide 2022, we will first talk about how you should select your Approved Course Provider (ACP) and also a summary of the different ACPs.
Which ACP to Choose for Your RES Course
This question is literally asked by almost 90% of individuals who intend to take the RES Course. In fact, some of you have shared with me “rumours” of which ACP is better than the other.
In all honesty, I strongly believe all the ACPs are competent in providing candidates with ample knowledge as required in the CEA syllabus. Many fail to understand that it is not the ACP or the training that makes the biggest difference (no doubt it may have some influence on your learning experience), but more importantly your available timing and also your learning habits that counts the most!
RES Course Timing
Some of you may be holding on to a full-time job which naturally means you may only have a specific time available to take the course. You must have minimum 75% attendance before you are given the Certificate of Completion by the ACP. For those one the 9-5 job routine, you may opt for ACPs that provides evening classes or weekend classes. Whereas those who have longer erratic working hours may choose the weekend class.
Your Learning Habit
Another aspect to consider is your learning habit and ability. Sitting in a class or over zoom for 7-8 hours may be a breeze for some, but for others, it may really be a disaster! You need to take into account your focus level for a prolonged period of time. The last thing you want is to have a brain shut down after 2 hours in an 8-hour class. Nothing goes in after that.
With that, I must stress that you first look into your timing and learning ability before choosing the right ACP! So let’s dive into the RES Course ACPs!
List of RES Course ACPs
The list of ACPs and their course durations are subjected to changes and are correct at the point of writing this article.
Benchmark RealPro Pte Ltd
Tel No: 6735 5860 / 6735 5861
Office: 151 Chin Swee Road #03-31 Manhattan House Singapore 169876
Benchmark RealPro offers the following RES Course timings:
- 3 Weekends Course – 6 days of intensive learning starting at 8.30am to 6.10pm
- 8 Weekdays Course – 8 weekdays (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays) that starts 10am to 5.30pm
- 12 Evenings Course – 12 evenings (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) that starts from 6pm to 10.20pm
Hastor Property Services Pte Ltd
Tel No: 6252 2802
Office: Blk 190 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh #02-514 Singapore 310190
Haster offers the following RES Course timings:
- 2 Weeks (Express) Course – Generally on weekdays from 9.30am to 5pm.
- 1 Month (Evening) Course – Generally on weekdays from 7pm to 10pm
- Weekend Course – Approx 5 weekends from 9.30am to 4.30pm
Institute of Estate Agents, Singapore
Tel No: 6323 1770
Office: 6 Raffles Boulevard Marina Square @ JustCo #03-308 Singapore 039594
IEA offers the following RES Course timings:
- 9 – 10 day intensive course that is over a period of over a month start from 10am to 5pm
- Evening classes of approx 14 evenings over a period of over a months starting from 7pm to 10pm
Life Mastery Academy Pte Ltd
Tel No: 6255 6091 / 6255 6083
Office: Blk 190 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh #02-510 Singapore 310190
LMA offers the following RES Course timing:
- Weekend Course – Weekends starting from 10am to 5pm over almost 5 weekends
Pioneer Training & Consultancy Pte Ltd
Tel No: 6462 6093 / 9424 3483
Office: Blk 134 Jurong Gateway Road #03-309P Singapore 600134
Pioneer offers the following RES Course timings:
- 20 Lessons Weekday Evening Class – Classes are conducted on different days usually 2 times a week from 7pm to 10pm
- Express Class Weekdays – Usually 3 days a week spanning over 7 weeks starting from 10am to 5pm
- Weekend Class – Weekends over a period of approx 10 weeks starting from 10am to 5pm
Real Centre Network Pte Ltd
Tel No: 6511 3009
Office: 490 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh #09-16 HDB Hub Biz 3 Singapore 310490
RCN offers the following RES Course timings:
- Weekend Course (Whole Day) – Weekend classes spanning over 5 weekends starting from 10am to 5pm
- Weekday Course (Whole Day) – Weekday classes spanning over 10 days starting from 10am to 5pm
- Weekday Evening – 18 weekdays evening classes starting from 7pm to 10pm
Realty International Associates Pte Ltd
Tel No: 6339 6000
Office: 490 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh #03-13 HDB Hub Biz 3 Singapore 310490
RIA offers the following RES Course timings:
- Weekday evening course from Mondays to Fridays starting from 7pm to 10pm
- Weekend (whole day) course over 4 – 5 weekends from 10am to 5pm
Singapore Estate Agents Association
Tel No: 6702 1602
Office: 60 Paya Lebar Road #13-23 Paya Lebar Square Singapore 409051 (via Office Lift Lobby 1)
SEA offers the following RES Course timings:
- Weekday Evenings – 18 weekdays evening class starting from 7pm to 10pm
- Weekday (Full Day) – 9 consecutive days starting from 10am to 5.30pm
- Weekend (Full Day) – 9 weekends starting from 9.30am to 5.30pm
Zoom is currently the default medium for conducting all the RES Course and you need additional discipline to keep revising even after the RES Course.
Currently, our team has a RES Support Group for all students who have registered for the RES Course or taking the RES Exams. This support group is led by a group of experienced RES leaders who voluntarily hope to help students to pass their RES Exams. If you are interested to join this community, please feel free to leave me a message or drop me a WhatsApp today.